The sport of soccer is very popular in the United States. In fact, according to a recent Gallup poll, as of June 2012, soccer is the third-most-popular sport in the United States, behind baseball and basketball. Of course, soccer is one of the most popular sports in the world and has been for many years.
The Aston Villa football club from the United Kingdom has been playing since 1874 and has been one of the league’s top teams for many years. In recent years the club has been battling financial difficulties, but things may be turning around. In sports, soccer is the most popular. In some countries, people play soccer as a major sport, while some others play it as a recreational activity. Most of the people who play soccer as a profession are also paid. Soccer players are also on a list of famous athletes.
Men and women of all ages play it, and the majority of the players in this sport are in their teens and twenties, in their early professional years. Men and women of all races play it and social classes and, in many ways, is an indicator of a country’s and, in some cases, a city’s social and cultural values.
The World Cup is just around the corner, which means that the UK soccer teams are gearing up for their chance to represent their country all over the world. If you are wondering which soccer teams are the best, here are the five best performing UK soccer teams.
- The Nottingham Forest Football Club was formed in 1865 when the three major soccer clubs of the time—Nottingham Town, Notts County, and derby rivals Derby County—merged to become the team we know today. Since then, the team has gone on to become one of the biggest names in football with a trophy cabinet to match. But with the team’s disappointing season in 2016–17, fans are wondering if the club can make a return to the top flight.
- One of the biggest stories in the UK right now is Newcastle United Football Club, a historic English football club. This is the only English football team to have won the English League Championship twice in the past 20 years. For many years, this was a club that was under threat of being sold. During these years, the team was managed by several managers. However, manager Alan Pardew managed to turn this team into a winner, which eventually led to his being named the manager of the year in 2009. The success of the team has led to the club being sold to Mike Ashley, who is the owner of the Sports Direct retail chain.
- Everton Football Club is a club based in Liverpool, England. It is one of the best professional football teams in England. The team was founded in 1878 as St. Domingo F.C. Everton Football Club is one of the most famous and richest football clubs in the world. It is also one of the most popular and richest football clubs in England. The team currently plays in the English Premier League.
The team that was once known as “The Toffees” has gone through many changes since the club’s formation in 1878. Still, they have retained their iconic red colour, with players wearing numbers on their jerseys, except for the famous No. 7 shirt worn by Dixie Dean, who is still the top goal scorer of all time for Everton.
- Manchester City is the largest soccer club in England and is one of the most successful clubs in world soccer. It was created in 1904 as St. Mark’s Football Club, based in Stockport. The club has approximately 500,000 members, making it one of the most successful clubs in England. It has won the English Premier League trophy 18 times, the FA Cup 14 times, the League Cup 9 times, the UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup once, and the UEFA Cup once. It is one of the most financially successful clubs in the world, having the highest revenue in the world of soccer clubs, at around $320 million in 2011.
- The Aston Villa football club from the United Kingdom has been playing since 1874 and has been one of the league’s top teams for many years. The club has been battling financial difficulties in recent years, but things may be turning around.